There are many reasons people choose to go on a diet. Although it is better to just eat healthily and be of a good weight all the time, many of us make poor nutrition choices due to our hectic day-to-day schedules. Some reasons people need to lose a lot of weight in a short time are:
* Fitting into a specific outfit for a particular event
* Obese person needing to lose weight for a surgery
* You have gotten overweight during the past few years and wanted to feel like you again
* Better quality of life
* Helps get rid of some health problems such as diabetes
How Often Should You Eat
Eating every three to four hours is the best way to lose weight, and to keep it off. This will keep up your metabolism. Each meal should be between 200 and 400 calories, depending upon your goals for your body and how much calories your body burns in a day.
What You Should Eat
You should eat well-balanced meals, with a protein source, a carbohydrate source, and some vegetables. If you are hungry in between meals, eat something healthy and sugar-free. Low carb and no sugar are the things that you need to go by when choosing your meals. Never eat more than one serving of a carbohydrate source at one time. And never let yourself be hungry when you are trying to lose weight, this will have the opposite effect. Some healthy choices include:
Proteins Carbohydrates Vegetables
* Chicken * Sweet Potato * Broccoli
* Pork * Potato * Cucumber
* Beef * Bagel * Carrots
* Eggs * Brown Rice * Mushrooms
* Protein Shake or Bar * Oatmeal * Pickles
* Powdered Peanut Butter * Pasta * Peas
When choosing a protein shake or bar instead of meat, be sure it has no more than three grammes of sugar at the most. Two or less is better. To accelerate weight loss, you can skip the carbs and eat two servings of protein. If you do not exercise at all, this is probably the best way to go, as all carbohydrate sources that are not burned off through exercise will turn into body fat.
What You Should Not Eat
Anything that is processed food is probably not going to help you lose weight. They usually have a high sodium content or are high in carbohydrates, or both. Trying to find time to make your healthy meals is not always easy and sometimes not possible at all, but try to cook for yourself if you can. You will weigh less this way as you pay more attention to what goes into your mouth.
* Something to keep in mind that is helpful is the saying “if it’s round, it will make you round.”
* Always say no to desserts and fried foods.
Some things to avoid when trying to lose weight include:
* excessive portions of carbohydrates
* sugar, including natural sugar
* large amounts of butter
Once a week you can allow yourself a “cheat”. Only one serving of something like pizza, pancakes, or pie is acceptable.